發表於 2009-8-27 02:01:53 | 顯示全部樓層 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
原文連結
6 c# g) J/ _8 M$ X
- f- i' E7 Q3 ]7 q: j7 s以下原文內容:
2 S# c+ A# R8 s3 t+ r# z- e4 X0 L6 U/ p  X: X
Calculating Large Signal Phase Noise Using Transient Noise Analysis
2 H- k) F, @) c) SBy Alan Whittaker on March 26, 2009
, N% D9 F6 C7 A- {7 H; B+ f) u7 V) ^. V) x9 M# l
My name is Alan Whittaker and I'm in Cadence's Custom IC Proliferation Group.  ! X8 w% f' W% u7 j+ C7 ]+ M
We support Cadence's Technical Field Organization (the AEs) and Cadence customers
/ R/ [- L6 g7 `5 }" h4 F8 F" L3 K8 sduring the introduction and adoption of new and advanced EDA technologies.  I'll , ~7 |) c" v% c5 P0 P6 d
be posting here from time to time on methodologies and tool features that % B5 o1 `- E/ K7 o8 }5 z  O7 m
resolve issues that users have run into during the front-end analog, RF and
, v' l6 W- h1 z* k' p- o# D# \" g1 Imixed-signal design process.
7 O$ a: B1 h$ {1 g( C
+ ~& f1 N% ?3 o8 e+ z$ M1 XI'm first going to address how you can perform a large-signal phase noise 1 s5 w7 k4 ~+ M. ?- ]
analysis on a design block such as a VCO using our transient noise analysis
5 W, t( ~% i: M1 Z* ?; ]capability in our Spectre circuit simulator.  This approach is in addition to
  ^8 O# z- K/ Y" O$ Q" wour small signal phase noise analysis which is available using either pnoise
4 u0 P3 ?1 p" K5 hor hbnoise analysis in the SpectreRF option to Spectre.
( F4 W9 z. e" ^; ^' P2 e* f, l0 v& K$ r0 e
Here are the steps to obtain a phase noise plot from transient noise analysis:
! J' J0 [5 d6 f' K" Y. b
& U6 @( B7 b* d* D/ l; F7 X8 `1.  Set up your oscillator testbench circuit for a transient noise analysis 9 M6 A8 _/ f+ O( v/ N: B5 K" @# U4 C
(See sourcelink for the Transient Noise appNote - it doesn't discuss the phase
9 y/ O3 u- u" L. t2 O! pnoise measurement, but describes how to properly set up the simulation analysis2 K3 V+ [5 [* \5 [# D7 @8 M

- b$ d$ q* b' x2 E0 }. I/ K2.  Add the block freq_meter from the pllMMLib library 2 [. r' M6 V& P8 o- U5 s. c
($CDSHOME/tools//dfII/samples/artist/pllMMLib)
' @8 O' Q6 Z3 _5 M( ito the testbench circuit. Important: The instance name for this block must be - D$ m  ]/ ~2 `" s" e
'vco_freq'.
) |7 G+ b4 _% l: N$ d: G1 [: P' T8 C1 Y' r. u+ Y
If the oscillator output is differential, connect it to the vin_p and vin_n & m* X+ ^! p# m5 U2 l) j
pins on the freq_meter block. If the oscillator output is single ended, connect ) h3 y' {  F9 n- M* ~
it to the vin_p pin and connect the vin_n pin to ground. Connect a noConn cell 1 F/ n8 [$ I* D6 D7 t
from the basic library to the out_freq pin.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂 踩 分享分享
2#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-27 02:07:34 | 顯示全部樓層
The parameters for this block are (set Tools Filter to veriloga in the CDF / E! L8 Z$ H/ [% X3 P6 X
parameter form:
7 [( t' g0 A" Y: M    *
: P+ x$ Z2 s) E      Vthup: Threshold voltage to determine the rise edge of the input waveform.
" z/ N& S0 C+ h2 N- Y( NThe input waveform period is determined by two adjacent rise edges. Default is 0.
) ]3 a" |, c; i- e    *
/ l2 v9 u2 P+ V      ttol: The tolerance of the time where the rise edge is determined. Default / a: f- y" }; k: i8 Y- l& s% Y
is 1p.8 h! Z) x( R( n. S* D3 E
4 `) y, c# f" u6 d& |4 [      outStart: The time-dependent period of the input waveform is output to the
2 w- {3 ]: I/ j3 d- J  A3 ffile when the time is greater than outStart. Default is 0. To get accurate phase + _, P8 K/ A( s3 o# u  `& b
noise measurements, set this to past the time when the oscillator is fully : i; e" m, R1 n; ]: ]+ Z) ?: w
powered up and oscillating at the design frequency.
  g. i9 v) `& T3 Y6 V1 j    *. _5 S9 G: y: s1 j
      outfile: The name of a file to contain time-dependent periods for use in
0 ^& u- v) C0 {+ o' ?$ ylater psd calculations. Specify just the file name, not a path. If outfile is
5 T6 s2 V9 |. M$ o. ~left blank, the default name is periods.txt.
3#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-8-27 02:11:04 | 顯示全部樓層
3.  Before starting the simulation, in the ADE window, Select Tools->RF->LL. In the PLL Macro Model Wizard window, enable PLL Macro Model and select PLL Bench as the Bench Type. Then OK this form.# m1 J  U0 i% e3 v7 F* ~
. G! r3 ~# [+ f3 e. |
4.  Run the simulation. The simulation must run successfully to completion in order to get to the phase noise results.
2 z. ^$ m5 w! v* h2 X
0 X3 J; ]# z& ^% W5.  In the Direct Plot form for transient noise there should be a PLL PSD Noise option. This will allow you to plot the phase noise results. If a message appears saying that the PLL Noise PSD data is not available, check steps 3) and 4). If you make any corrections, you will need to re-run the simulation./ D: D1 x' D" X3 ^2 `: ^( s4 w

" j; ^/ N( x! v1 g$ S! ^The phase noise plot will extend from fmin = 4/tstop to fmax = fosc/2, where tstop is the transient noise simulation stop time and fosc is the oscillation frequency of the circuit.
; D" ]) W. D: r" m2 `$ D7 u, c$ q( u; B4 U% h  n# l. O
Important note: You will need to use MMSIM701 and IC5141USR5 or IC613 (or latersubversions) to obtain a phase noise plot from transient noise analysis.  n2 l$ d6 q% q+ h& H$ k
9 O( I' M7 [. W/ \
我用的是mmsim620,也不能模。有人可以模擬出來的回個文,show個圖給大家看吧
4#
 樓主| 發表於 2009-9-25 16:46:23 | 顯示全部樓層
謝謝你的回覆,我最近拿到新的軟體也開始在測試mmsim7了
$ g+ [$ Z& N. D7 {1 L7 D我發現turbo與multi thread的設定不同會對結果造成很大的不同。: @* ?6 F9 w: |8 ~, t
還有這個phase noise的訊號的範圍跟transient noise的設定與transient 的設定都有很緊密的關係。# w. A" g9 y; m& q0 z) X. x. v
不知道該怎麼作設定才是比較準確的
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-6-9 08:32 AM , Processed in 0.126516 second(s), 18 queries .