1 2 3 4
查看: 3055|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[問題求助] 元件模型在IC設計產業的角色

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2016-12-2 03:03:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |正序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A top-down design approach in IC industry comprises of three levels which includes: : A( s- t) v# p
IC design (circuit-level), model / device(device-level), IC process technology(fabrication-level).
( Y& m+ p( D" _" Y1 d% HOn the circuit-level,
) y6 X+ [5 K& h, sa compact model provides the external terminal electrical characteristics
6 L6 F- h) j! O" h1 u" iresulted from the mathematic expressions of an electronic device.
  g# ~  R/ u% HThe external terminal characteristics (Pin Characteristics) includes terminal voltages, currents or charges, # Q, q  S0 }1 _) [
are featured as the input and output ports values.
+ J: @0 b* ], E4 F  MThe unknown ports values of a device are solved by a simulator when performing circuit analysis.
( B* K7 V2 L3 S) b' ?4 Q# e# pAfter the structure and behavior of the individual compact model is specified, the description(structure and behavior) are
6 \7 k! ^( d) I  U4 ?; P* _' f% _submit to the simulator. The simulator employees KCL and KVL to create a set of nonlinear equations. ' N, f/ M6 q/ [% _  q  d
The nonlinear differential equations are not solved directly, but with approximation and iterative methods. Under certain % u3 e* p/ O! ^9 g) f( O
approximation, the equations are solved with the Newton-Raphson method. The solutions are equilibrium points of nodal analysis.
5 I7 t0 a# t% `( }: wIC design engineers work on a higher abstraction level than the device(transistor) level.
2 j% w" ^. ~* e" w* e! d( v# @In other words, transistors are the primitive components in the eye of IC designer.% O: ?: o9 H* t; ~- p
A virtual symbol is the representive of a real device(component)." R; X, P, E. h! `* q. x9 f- B
For instance, transistor's compact model is seen as a 4 pins symbol. # M& X/ L& \* V
In Advanced Design System(ADS),  three design types are allowed: schematic, symbol, and layout.
6 Y* `4 w" h& J; qThose designs can all be stored in a small containner names "cell" and a big containner names "library". - R4 N( ]4 A+ h5 z
IC designer works with the connection of some symbols in a schematic.( D  U2 |  y* O" p+ [# v: b. R+ O
Each symbol represents an electronic device (component).
( s2 B4 r; |0 d  z5 i$ \  W" n; e7 u3 f$ v$ r. Y9 \

$ {0 `6 _& C' t: `/ J8 v' ~
) U5 t. a! _" [- f$ iLittle knowledge of a device's internal structures and behaviours are required for IC designers. Because a device works as a funtional block. In stead, a device's external structures (connection) and behaviours are of concerns. $ n- Q* y4 m8 x; ]5 t- L: H
On the fabrication-level, ! F6 m4 I/ s& ?
a compact model has the internal description of the device characteristics by means of a set of physics-based expressions with 2 T5 J) A4 m9 P; c! V: @
technology dependent model parameters. The physic-based model parameters values accounts for the actual behavior and properties   X) S/ D6 k7 Q" ~2 T6 m$ z
of a device are defined by its process variables such as: geometrical dimensions and doping profiles." ?3 d0 [  W$ U9 {, A; d
The true parameters values need to be carefully measured by the experimental setup of device characterization. ' a4 y( R& Y" g, ?7 k6 C
Accordingly,
8 `" N# |3 ~- S- F( h# C+ q& Vthe verified compact models are expected to be implemented in simulators.
5 a# n4 f+ S  fThus the modelling accuracy and computational efficiency that a simulator can provide to integrate circuits' analysis ; p; f0 I, i, A- Z2 r# \; G
is the same as its implemented compact model. Meanwhile, a compact model is the most crucial process design kit, which plays as the interface between circuit designers and device developers. * t4 j+ k* }5 }* x, \
, \" m  M3 G& ^! s
, o- Y8 m% S# Z9 T

F/ f1 Z; T, _
1 v" y% Y3 ]# S/ X% H  F, t, n* g  N4 Y5 o: ?1 t& @" x
4 @4 V0 c0 k/ v# t+ U0 I$ b

9 _  F+ s7 _9 P. C8 f( L
- t6 j9 d7 G$ i" v% ~0 ?$ x3 O3 C) H/ }* g9 V
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂1 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 08:17 AM , Processed in 0.105006 second(s), 18 queries .