1 2 3 4
查看: 3058|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[問題求助] 元件模型在IC設計產業的角色

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2016-12-2 03:03:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |正序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A top-down design approach in IC industry comprises of three levels which includes: 4 s& V6 b6 x; R* V; H
IC design (circuit-level), model / device(device-level), IC process technology(fabrication-level).* X5 t, p& T! R5 d  f( b) l
On the circuit-level, 0 U, ?4 w$ V7 C- a: x8 @8 x% P
a compact model provides the external terminal electrical characteristics
+ M% ^9 l. r! ]8 y, f/ Z: q% xresulted from the mathematic expressions of an electronic device.
7 [/ e: i5 z6 e- l3 eThe external terminal characteristics (Pin Characteristics) includes terminal voltages, currents or charges,
% G0 u! }9 R4 L: zare featured as the input and output ports values.- D$ \  c- V; l% ?7 a" Z1 ^
The unknown ports values of a device are solved by a simulator when performing circuit analysis.) ]! [% \0 f, n* i* ~2 F! e
After the structure and behavior of the individual compact model is specified, the description(structure and behavior) are
7 g. O* Z; e+ P4 X$ x% Ysubmit to the simulator. The simulator employees KCL and KVL to create a set of nonlinear equations. * X$ J) g  N$ J& Z, N4 b
The nonlinear differential equations are not solved directly, but with approximation and iterative methods. Under certain
. ]( L  f- F6 E9 o# zapproximation, the equations are solved with the Newton-Raphson method. The solutions are equilibrium points of nodal analysis.
2 W3 l5 ]+ [% }- p5 I" _IC design engineers work on a higher abstraction level than the device(transistor) level.
/ r3 |3 Y, s5 ~0 @- MIn other words, transistors are the primitive components in the eye of IC designer.0 y  N: J  L& M3 [3 `
A virtual symbol is the representive of a real device(component).; r& G+ R0 M# ^  y/ Q
For instance, transistor's compact model is seen as a 4 pins symbol.
# V9 P$ ~5 _  O0 O* t3 d7 ?In Advanced Design System(ADS),  three design types are allowed: schematic, symbol, and layout.
6 G) K3 t; D2 @2 F5 gThose designs can all be stored in a small containner names "cell" and a big containner names "library". % C. X/ ^* H, O. x
IC designer works with the connection of some symbols in a schematic.
7 R, [" F3 l" \! eEach symbol represents an electronic device (component).
0 k7 u' |6 F3 P& z7 h* j& Q. r
: Q% ]7 \, C! R4 o2 T" ?' t( O5 z- O9 h& S& V  b/ U
3 k1 c1 R8 U4 l  r( B6 m2 M4 W
Little knowledge of a device's internal structures and behaviours are required for IC designers. Because a device works as a funtional block. In stead, a device's external structures (connection) and behaviours are of concerns.
+ }# y! W4 |  p: S6 d) ~) R" XOn the fabrication-level, : Z+ }9 \8 ]$ q' R. W! R) y
a compact model has the internal description of the device characteristics by means of a set of physics-based expressions with ) j2 H2 o5 v$ t( Y' x. k- h
technology dependent model parameters. The physic-based model parameters values accounts for the actual behavior and properties
2 |) g( D" H2 ]. w  N3 p! ]( n' {of a device are defined by its process variables such as: geometrical dimensions and doping profiles.# l9 w; [; g1 {2 e1 \9 N" g
The true parameters values need to be carefully measured by the experimental setup of device characterization. # h7 O$ d: v: I* \
Accordingly, & V6 R- r* v+ q/ t, Q5 q
the verified compact models are expected to be implemented in simulators.7 C! R! z, T" B0 B) V$ Y- r
Thus the modelling accuracy and computational efficiency that a simulator can provide to integrate circuits' analysis / T, P% J, U4 p0 Z6 C9 }
is the same as its implemented compact model. Meanwhile, a compact model is the most crucial process design kit, which plays as the interface between circuit designers and device developers.
, ^) o: v' z! x. x" J) u
* l5 R3 l4 M% Y4 P4 b1 K! v4 q1 w8 B3 ]/ j* B
- i- W5 }0 v! e% j

L2 _* F7 [# \3 t4 Q
# s; f) Y, U# l- C/ @& L8 p" U  i0 s1 Q3 ~3 m+ Q& k2 P

" n9 ~$ x4 q% a8 w* M  }9 w4 T; h6 V/ x

! ]( }4 M1 E+ {9 q) c$ p. E
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂1 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 02:34 PM , Processed in 0.100006 second(s), 18 queries .