1 2 3 4
查看: 3041|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[問題求助] 元件模型在IC設計產業的角色

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2016-12-2 03:03:34 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A top-down design approach in IC industry comprises of three levels which includes: & O5 J/ a2 A+ B0 e1 l* U
IC design (circuit-level), model / device(device-level), IC process technology(fabrication-level).
. `; K& R; L1 @9 _" wOn the circuit-level,
+ k% e/ r* Y/ H% I( N3 ba compact model provides the external terminal electrical characteristics
) B6 p& S& \7 Aresulted from the mathematic expressions of an electronic device.
8 `" o7 [! E- C: A; s' U0 i5 EThe external terminal characteristics (Pin Characteristics) includes terminal voltages, currents or charges,
2 a  g" ]- y/ O$ T! _are featured as the input and output ports values./ L0 M% n9 W' p! y( q# K
The unknown ports values of a device are solved by a simulator when performing circuit analysis.: t+ a( _7 ~7 c' Y7 `5 V6 b" H
After the structure and behavior of the individual compact model is specified, the description(structure and behavior) are ( i5 @. ~4 A9 w, V; _1 u0 [
submit to the simulator. The simulator employees KCL and KVL to create a set of nonlinear equations. / ?! M, D) [% B; a- U4 M# o8 r
The nonlinear differential equations are not solved directly, but with approximation and iterative methods. Under certain ' f  T3 T/ J. b$ A0 l, V
approximation, the equations are solved with the Newton-Raphson method. The solutions are equilibrium points of nodal analysis." P2 m6 Z/ X) W( N) I
IC design engineers work on a higher abstraction level than the device(transistor) level.) ~. _. X: b" [% a
In other words, transistors are the primitive components in the eye of IC designer.
, [5 V+ Z) P8 `, _" L* f& nA virtual symbol is the representive of a real device(component).& o4 T0 X' }( S4 Y# {9 s) m9 G  g
For instance, transistor's compact model is seen as a 4 pins symbol. & Y# X: ?0 }$ a* s7 m
In Advanced Design System(ADS),  three design types are allowed: schematic, symbol, and layout.( f- E' C5 L) ?- @
Those designs can all be stored in a small containner names "cell" and a big containner names "library". 5 _# S' P/ }& w- E2 a
IC designer works with the connection of some symbols in a schematic.
* W: y* |1 u# h$ UEach symbol represents an electronic device (component).
5 g; c- R3 S7 o$ h$ `# o
% l7 ^! t9 l) ]; z
! A, f$ U$ L  U% p/ ]3 O! w+ y3 s
: A& `% G/ O& T. t& }Little knowledge of a device's internal structures and behaviours are required for IC designers. Because a device works as a funtional block. In stead, a device's external structures (connection) and behaviours are of concerns. ( A1 |' \, L! b6 t: P
On the fabrication-level,
- n* j, K+ z# f( n4 o" oa compact model has the internal description of the device characteristics by means of a set of physics-based expressions with - P1 H% o3 R! I1 d8 }
technology dependent model parameters. The physic-based model parameters values accounts for the actual behavior and properties
+ N2 g* K' A5 q6 G5 bof a device are defined by its process variables such as: geometrical dimensions and doping profiles.
& {2 S3 ~8 c" tThe true parameters values need to be carefully measured by the experimental setup of device characterization.
- c3 E# {- z/ _6 W( p) P  x8 k% zAccordingly,
! l! J* h5 R0 r5 ^' Nthe verified compact models are expected to be implemented in simulators.
5 A1 i; R- L3 |4 C5 kThus the modelling accuracy and computational efficiency that a simulator can provide to integrate circuits' analysis
# e2 B# X. d7 l' V" o1 K) R) c/ pis the same as its implemented compact model. Meanwhile, a compact model is the most crucial process design kit, which plays as the interface between circuit designers and device developers. ' k9 v  i0 ^9 c& t# l

2 z1 b( F5 v' d, w! g( I
( q8 X1 ]/ I; t9 |) {# j0 l$ ?2 R( Y3 `- l8 R) w
2 n2 _6 X" H4 P- h9 u8 a

% {* T, h$ {: ^+ l
9 _; f, r4 O% k1 o. G3 H
1 {. f; W5 i# o% p+ H. w
. k( w# O& V/ q. o3 s3 i& W- [8 ?5 e, r, A6 u
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂1 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 07:57 PM , Processed in 0.102006 second(s), 17 queries .