查看: 2129|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

FLICKER NOISE IN CMOS LC OSCILLATORS国外硕士论文

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2009-10-10 21:11:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A Thesis Presented to The Academic Faculty/ I: F4 A. }/ T" l) b  w$ q. W
By Dale Scott Douglas In Partial Fulfillment Of the Requirements for the Degree/ d7 h/ ^& X: D0 W$ n
Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
3 y& w" z, B' m9 h6 jGeorgia Institute of Technology
/ M% m* O# |' L6 ^4 |8 {  IDecember, 20084 \& R& T8 j: ]) w- C0 K* }
! x& f$ W$ z- e: C9 \* d% T8 d
5 f4 ]1 w1 W' A
SUMMARY
4 B, s+ ^9 Z# [; u) ^( PSources of flicker noise generation in the cross-coupled negative resistance oscillator
  q' B4 g; o) X: r! i(NMOS, PMOS, and CMOS) are explored. Also, prior and current work in the area of
8 R4 T3 i2 I" R9 p/ m; u' ^phase noise modeling is reviewed, including the work of Leeson, Hajimiri, Hegazi, and
8 G3 U6 |* R( X& ?others, seeking the mechanisms by which flicker noise is upconverted.' X1 a+ l  A  ?. q' t3 X8 W
A Figure of Merit (FOM) methodology suitable to the 1/f3 phase noise region is also
2 f" z6 K# O- H. Ndeveloped, which allows a new quantity, FOM1, to be defined. FOM1 is proportional to
+ x  z  v' H, N8 z9 K! \flicker noise upconverted, thus allowing the effectiveness of flicker noise upconversion
( c+ N: b( e, q$ m' Y; Asuppression techniques to be evaluated, despite possibly changing bias points or tank Q,! K( ]/ v% e: w/ p. K
which would change phase noise and FOM in the 1/f2 region.
4 }( R: e4 A8 A- y% M9 w0 kThe work of Hajimiri is extended with a simple ΛDC estimator for the special case of+ |( T3 u9 w. S! E' _& t0 \
LC CMOS oscillators. A method of adaptive control of an oscillator core is presented, as8 o; n. X1 M0 H; H5 i9 F$ \
well, comprised of a CMOS oscillator with a digitally adjustable N and P width, and a
  n! S: {4 e; Ccircuit (which is essentially a tracking ADC) which repeatedly adjusts the relative N to P
& K+ S, ?' Y: W" E' {. n2 y* gwidth dependent on the ΛDC estimate to maintain the condition of minimum flicker noise4 u- ~& B: w0 C$ u" U/ \6 N
upconversion. A fixed calibration constant is sufficient to allow convergence to within5 c; T0 h, T( A
0.7dB of optimal FOM1 for all cases of N width, for a varactorless oscillator test cell.
# W( t' T9 G& o  s, h' nFinally, a circuit is proposed which would allow the flicker noise reduction technique  D# f; K7 t, n4 P6 S
of cycling to accumulation to be applied to continuous time oscillators, but is not9 V9 ^; A0 D( l: b! a
rigorously vetted.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-9-19 09:57 AM , Processed in 0.159009 second(s), 17 queries .