查看: 2125|回復: 0
打印 上一主題 下一主題

FLICKER NOISE IN CMOS LC OSCILLATORS国外硕士论文

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2009-10-10 21:11:46 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |正序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
A Thesis Presented to The Academic Faculty( _- c  \/ ]  y
By Dale Scott Douglas In Partial Fulfillment Of the Requirements for the Degree) F+ _/ C# E: [& P5 a
Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering3 N$ y: ]4 l! W( P
Georgia Institute of Technology: z  V) g- s2 V5 C
December, 2008
1 C- B- K7 s8 [! N+ l/ \. [9 V) ^
! y( d8 h% e1 c' X/ K+ n
+ {/ R& B) f9 GSUMMARY
+ Q  }! F% {6 E& bSources of flicker noise generation in the cross-coupled negative resistance oscillator# ], V+ h5 B7 ]; v* Y
(NMOS, PMOS, and CMOS) are explored. Also, prior and current work in the area of" u7 M4 _; c/ c0 \' n
phase noise modeling is reviewed, including the work of Leeson, Hajimiri, Hegazi, and7 i4 W4 u# \1 e) F6 h
others, seeking the mechanisms by which flicker noise is upconverted.
: O# Y; r2 M! Q- C! Q. D3 BA Figure of Merit (FOM) methodology suitable to the 1/f3 phase noise region is also
+ h: q+ j7 x( G" U# p: W9 p8 Cdeveloped, which allows a new quantity, FOM1, to be defined. FOM1 is proportional to" T( v3 _  G4 U3 Z2 p
flicker noise upconverted, thus allowing the effectiveness of flicker noise upconversion
5 ?. P% @, F0 S7 tsuppression techniques to be evaluated, despite possibly changing bias points or tank Q,
) X% z1 X* B7 I1 v# S( l0 C7 W9 c" Ewhich would change phase noise and FOM in the 1/f2 region.5 E  Y& O  Q/ N
The work of Hajimiri is extended with a simple ΛDC estimator for the special case of
& P2 O- ?/ E0 b# [LC CMOS oscillators. A method of adaptive control of an oscillator core is presented, as5 q* q6 ?6 j0 r
well, comprised of a CMOS oscillator with a digitally adjustable N and P width, and a) g8 p. G+ Q) ~; g
circuit (which is essentially a tracking ADC) which repeatedly adjusts the relative N to P( M: n' v5 h& B' {$ D* G+ ^5 c
width dependent on the ΛDC estimate to maintain the condition of minimum flicker noise6 p  a' {" Y# n4 S& P, P) O
upconversion. A fixed calibration constant is sufficient to allow convergence to within
' H9 Y; T( @4 i" S2 g* K5 K0.7dB of optimal FOM1 for all cases of N width, for a varactorless oscillator test cell.
& J( m% `. W1 I1 L7 e. hFinally, a circuit is proposed which would allow the flicker noise reduction technique
+ g2 t% i" p' E5 a; nof cycling to accumulation to be applied to continuous time oscillators, but is not
6 h) n, M) }8 t& U  R$ v* Srigorously vetted.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 頂 踩 分享分享
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 申請會員

本版積分規則

首頁|手機版|Chip123 科技應用創新平台 |新契機國際商機整合股份有限公司

GMT+8, 2024-9-17 03:31 AM , Processed in 0.153009 second(s), 18 queries .