Chip123 科技應用創新平台

標題: 使用暫態分析模擬出phasenoise @ MMSIM701 [打印本頁]

作者: gyamwoo    時間: 2009-8-27 02:01 AM
標題: 使用暫態分析模擬出phasenoise @ MMSIM701
原文連結
; f0 P9 S# u4 P- u  w! G" V1 K. |* c! v% c. b2 Y) V# Q$ F
以下原文內容:
  n$ u* Y" ?7 B$ V  a. P$ O" S, r3 P
Calculating Large Signal Phase Noise Using Transient Noise Analysis% I# Q( C) ~" s
By Alan Whittaker on March 26, 2009& [; p. w. G6 S, b/ U' b% j
) f2 C! H& L+ M2 j, q
My name is Alan Whittaker and I'm in Cadence's Custom IC Proliferation Group.  6 w  p) P/ a# l
We support Cadence's Technical Field Organization (the AEs) and Cadence customers ' l! O" K2 j9 z$ t4 Z
during the introduction and adoption of new and advanced EDA technologies.  I'll 6 r+ q5 ]" f4 I4 w! l" C4 A% w
be posting here from time to time on methodologies and tool features that . ^2 M: p3 \+ s0 B; X1 w3 P2 e
resolve issues that users have run into during the front-end analog, RF and
3 ^9 G5 y' I9 Zmixed-signal design process.
8 z- Y5 y% r4 z, R4 }) U7 I% V1 _: \6 _% r4 m" x" Q7 J6 [
I'm first going to address how you can perform a large-signal phase noise # H, G# ?+ Z+ g& o& y
analysis on a design block such as a VCO using our transient noise analysis
4 U" k5 O% y2 E! U. Ocapability in our Spectre circuit simulator.  This approach is in addition to * d6 T0 I- E1 t% A/ Y
our small signal phase noise analysis which is available using either pnoise 9 Y6 Y2 c, g9 }" Y; m  C( k
or hbnoise analysis in the SpectreRF option to Spectre.7 I8 C# e3 x7 i$ i7 N

: P3 S! y1 [5 n9 Z/ M8 P  h* E; x" HHere are the steps to obtain a phase noise plot from transient noise analysis:7 N, {; k% @1 T! L* \

' C8 A1 g. E) x1.  Set up your oscillator testbench circuit for a transient noise analysis 0 w+ ]6 Z. L4 q0 H8 ]
(See sourcelink for the Transient Noise appNote - it doesn't discuss the phase
4 Q$ Q1 y6 {& i1 M) k# Pnoise measurement, but describes how to properly set up the simulation analysis
0 W+ p6 h$ ?  ~- i% N, H
' ^0 U% @, {9 U+ T2.  Add the block freq_meter from the pllMMLib library 4 @7 K- g) z5 O& F" V/ q  R
($CDSHOME/tools//dfII/samples/artist/pllMMLib)
+ z# f4 O' k* `# J* z: S( k% B/ }to the testbench circuit. Important: The instance name for this block must be
9 y& \/ f" x+ d* G9 }) y/ m  ~'vco_freq'.# j( B: O. r+ `5 B8 S
) ~$ `* H4 Q) G/ Z, V
If the oscillator output is differential, connect it to the vin_p and vin_n ! P8 }0 V8 p8 L$ r7 q# e
pins on the freq_meter block. If the oscillator output is single ended, connect 8 c( n% Y3 Y! u2 W2 X( g
it to the vin_p pin and connect the vin_n pin to ground. Connect a noConn cell
& O% H& ]3 [" d& b, }4 Z+ Rfrom the basic library to the out_freq pin.
作者: gyamwoo    時間: 2009-8-27 02:07 AM
The parameters for this block are (set Tools Filter to veriloga in the CDF
7 Z9 q: k2 {# G& p: A# ^) T; L* cparameter form:) c0 ~- @! h# T9 u! D7 O) T- L& I
    *$ v9 P5 u% z/ Y
      Vthup: Threshold voltage to determine the rise edge of the input waveform.
1 b, Q; b7 W6 f/ ~( C3 R: h1 qThe input waveform period is determined by two adjacent rise edges. Default is 0.
# \  \" r4 K4 B0 k8 N1 ~8 n    *
; ]7 n5 \3 g# p& I* F9 F( w" c      ttol: The tolerance of the time where the rise edge is determined. Default
1 ]6 ?- a3 v- M3 V: j, Y5 dis 1p.
6 H( a" `$ h3 I    *
# b$ h/ {% _& `8 n      outStart: The time-dependent period of the input waveform is output to the 7 s1 k* [9 p: e( r  Z
file when the time is greater than outStart. Default is 0. To get accurate phase ) l0 o4 H. B/ t7 [$ w/ n* t
noise measurements, set this to past the time when the oscillator is fully
5 b; G7 X% _$ H' ?* kpowered up and oscillating at the design frequency.5 H- p. s1 Z! P
% X2 x4 ~. q! `+ p" @2 U+ A      outfile: The name of a file to contain time-dependent periods for use in : ^! W( A$ G$ t& M9 F: X$ I
later psd calculations. Specify just the file name, not a path. If outfile is * ^& S/ Z8 I; S* v: T0 j- D6 s9 L
left blank, the default name is periods.txt.
作者: gyamwoo    時間: 2009-8-27 02:11 AM
3.  Before starting the simulation, in the ADE window, Select Tools->RF->LL. In the PLL Macro Model Wizard window, enable PLL Macro Model and select PLL Bench as the Bench Type. Then OK this form.5 Y# V, h; Q* a; s
5 N4 E/ `& G8 J4 v! ^
4.  Run the simulation. The simulation must run successfully to completion in order to get to the phase noise results.: K/ {. K3 t6 j# @* J) T/ h; r- Q" j5 D
, F- o( P! A6 O2 s% t# E
5.  In the Direct Plot form for transient noise there should be a PLL PSD Noise option. This will allow you to plot the phase noise results. If a message appears saying that the PLL Noise PSD data is not available, check steps 3) and 4). If you make any corrections, you will need to re-run the simulation.
5 ~; V/ \3 y. V3 C: y5 n8 E" }
2 L; Y- O- n2 d/ dThe phase noise plot will extend from fmin = 4/tstop to fmax = fosc/2, where tstop is the transient noise simulation stop time and fosc is the oscillation frequency of the circuit.
) @8 O8 E' E, X3 g4 `" T/ Z+ m9 ?& s3 r
Important note: You will need to use MMSIM701 and IC5141USR5 or IC613 (or latersubversions) to obtain a phase noise plot from transient noise analysis.
! J6 w: a5 y8 v0 x( J$ S6 t2 F9 d- y, W9 m
我用的是mmsim620,也不能模。有人可以模擬出來的回個文,show個圖給大家看吧
作者: macrohan    時間: 2009-9-24 05:41 PM
show you my simulation result. J& Y1 J, [7 E/ M; N% R3 L
!!!4 e& m/ \6 d; r6 W; Q
!!!!!!!!!!!# t, P/ G+ |. ]* s
!!!!!!
作者: gyamwoo    時間: 2009-9-25 04:46 PM
謝謝你的回覆,我最近拿到新的軟體也開始在測試mmsim7了  K/ i# M8 ]* f5 E
我發現turbo與multi thread的設定不同會對結果造成很大的不同。
) E* h4 V1 D$ X; z* g還有這個phase noise的訊號的範圍跟transient noise的設定與transient 的設定都有很緊密的關係。' ?9 l& ]: K# w% {
不知道該怎麼作設定才是比較準確的
作者: kunhsun    時間: 2011-5-6 12:39 AM
請問有更詳盡的使用方法嗎
作者: duoyun    時間: 2011-5-26 03:02 PM
也去试试这个流程。关于pll相噪仿真还有其他方法吗?

歡迎光臨 Chip123 科技應用創新平台 (http://chip123.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2